Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tostadas of Coyocan

Yes, I have been known to travel across town just to find a good place to eat. And, that's exactly what I did on Saturday. Coyoacan is a magical neighborhood south of the center of the city. You may remember the name from the film Frida. It's where she and Diego Rivera lived for many of their years here in Mexico City. Today, I was in search of what has been described as one of the great tostadas in the city. Although I had eaten at the Coyoacan Market on previous trips, I hadn't noticed the eatery Tostadas de Coyoacan. What great food and so much fun! I sat right in the middle of the tostada action that was fast and furious from the time I got there to when I left.

Tostada Makers Hard At Work

As you can see in the photo, piles of topping just wait to be spooned onto a nice crisp tortilla and then only to be finished off with lettace, crema, and avocado. Only order one at a time! Most likely you'll want to sample more than just one kind. My inclinations today went toward octopus and shrimp. Both were delicious.

Don't Just Sit There, Order Another Tostada!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment