Friday, March 15, 2013

Murphy's Law

Travel days don't always turn out to be perfect! For the second time, the same thing happened at exactly this time last year, I traveled out to Texcoco (a 16 mile ride by second class bus) to visit the Rivera murals at Chapingo University. Last year the museum on campus was closed due to a worker's strike. When I arrived at the entrance this morning, guess what? The workers and teachers were on strike again. According to the guard at the gate that I spoke with, the strike was now a month old and might last into April. No students, no classes, no murals! Oh well, as disappointed as I am, I'm heading back into Mexico City earlier than planned and will be able to take in a couple markets this afternoon. Days like this are all part of the travel experience. I do plan on having some good mole for lunch at one if my favorite fondas.

 

The Museum I Almost Visited

To get a sense of the greatness of these murals check out this short You Tube video of Chapingo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment